Sunday, January 13, 2008

Getting Ready for Retirement

Zeny is leaving today and last night was a night of getting together with Marziet and her friends to bid Zeny goodbye and wish her a safe trip to Manila, because Zeny was leaving to go back to get ready for her retirement.

Our late afternoon started with a wonderful evening at the Sheperd of the Hills Church with Mommy Linda, Marziet and Louise. It was Rhea and Louise's first time at that church and it was very englightening and very inspirational.

My tummy was getting ready for the Filipino food experience so there we were. Rhea, Louise, Bong, Marziet and Mommy Linda got in the buffet line for a much awaited serving of Pinakbet, Mechado, Pancit Bihon, Lumpiang Shanghai, Inihaw na Baboy and of course Rice. We were also treated to a wonderful dessert of Buko Pandan, Cassava and Puto Bumbong.

The evening ended quite unexpectedly or rather expectedly because of the light being automatically turned off at 10pm at the clubhouse. Hmmmm..... a great idea to have the lights turned off when you'd want people to leave your party (just kidding).

As we got on the 405 Fwy, phone rang and it was Bong asking if I was hungry. I guess it was my vision of the book that I talked about earlier that got her to thinking about food. I said much earlier that I got a book of Chocolates and that I would like to start making Chocolate desserts such as Chocolate souffle, ganache.....

So there you have it...now you know what I would be planning next.

No comments: